Apple Pie Bread
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup applesauce (note: you can use 1/2 cup butter and skip the applesauce if you prefer)
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large or 2 small apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- 2) Combine 1/3 cup of the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3) With mixer on medium, beat white sugar, remaining brown sugar and butter until fluffy. Mix in applesauce. Add well beaten eggs and vanilla.
- 4) Stir together flour and baking powder. Add flour to egg mixture and stir just until combined. Do not overmix! Add milk.
- 5) Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured loaf pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the apples and 1/2 of the brown sugar mix.
- 6) Stir the remaining apples into the remaining batter and pour into the pan. Top with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- 7) Bake approx. 40 minutes. Remove from oven, brush topping with melted buttter. Continue baking an additional 5-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 8) Let cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.