Basic Tomato Pasta Sauce
This is a basic pasta sauce. If you can find No Salt Added cans of crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce, of course it would be healthier.
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed Tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can Tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Saute' the onion and garlic for 1 to 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, spices and sugar and cook over medium heat until bubbly .... about 1/2 hour
- You could also cook this on low in your slow cooker for hours.
- This makes about 8 cups.