- (10) slices Cinnamon Swirl bread, cut into cubes
- (1/4) cup Butter or Margarine, melted
- (1) teaspoon Cinnamon
- (1/2) cup Raisins
- (6) Eggs, beaten ... can also use equivalent egg substitute
- (3/4) cup Sugar
- (2) teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- (1/2) teaspoon Salt
- (3) cups Scalded Milk ... I have also used skim milk for this
- (1) pinch Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine the bread cubes, butter or margarine, cinnamon and raisins and mix well. Place in the baking dish.
- In another bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Add the milk and mix well.
- Pour over the bread cube mixture and let soak for 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle the top with nutmeg.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or room temperature ... your choice.