Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin
- 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 3 cups Milk (your choice)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian Breadcrumbs (or 1/4 cup ... your preference)
2 slices of Bacon
- Cook Brussels Sprouts in boiling salted water for 6 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter or margarine in a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir in the flour with a wire whisk.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended after each addition.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Drain the Brussels Sprouts and add to the cheese sauce and mix lightly.
- Spoon into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish, sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven or until top is golden brown.