Celebration Rum Cake
- (1) box Yellow Cake mix
- (1) package, Vanilla instant pudding, small
- (4) Eggs
- (1/2) cup Oil
- (1/2) cup Water
- (1/2) cup Dark Rum
- (1) stick Margarine or Butter
- (1) cup Sugar
- (1/4) cup Dark Rum
- (1/4) cup Water
- Grease and flour a bundt pan well. In a large bowl, mix the ingredients for the cake with a beater at high speed for 2 minutes and pour into pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- A couple of minutes before the cake is done, boil the first 3 ingredients for the glaze for one minute. Then add the rum and pour immediately over the cake when taking it out of the oven.
- The cake should remain in the pan at least 2 hours before placing it on a serving plate. When completely cooled, you may dust with powdered sugar for a nicer appearance.
- NOTE ... I've made this twice and many people have said it has "too much Rum". If you really like Rum, it is delicious. If it is too strong, use 1/4 cup for the cake part and 1/8 cup for the glaze part. Keep experimenting until you get it "just right for YOU"