Chicken & Rice Creamy Mushroom Bake
- 2 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts (I use 4 to 5 ounce size)
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1/2 soup can + 1/4 cup Chicken broth
- 1/2 soup can Milk
- 4 to 8 ounces of Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Celery seed (optional) or use Celery Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup Jasmine rice
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the celery seed or salt, thyme, ginger, garlic powder, and smoked paprika together (use your own judgement of how much of each to use) and rub the chicken with the spices.
- In a skillet with olive oil, sear the chicken on both sides for a few minutes, remove and set aside.
- Sear the mushrooms until browned nicely.
- In a 2 quart baking dish, combine the mushroom soup, milk, chicken broth, and rice and whisk until well-combined.
- Place the chicken on top of the rice mixture, then place the mushrooms, parmesan cheese, and chives on top of the chicken.
- Cover with foil or lid and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, add a little more parmesan cheese, leave uncovered and bake 15 minutes longer.
*** Note: Cooking times may vary depending upon size of chicken breasts.