- 1 Chicken carcass
- 2 Carrots, cut in pieces
- 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt (less if you want a lower-sodium broth)
- 2 teaspoons Rosemary
- 1 handful of fresh Parsley or 1 teaspoon of dried
- 2 or 3 Celery ribs with leaves, cut in pieces
- 1 onion cut in half
- 10 Peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons Sage
- 2 teaspoons Thyme
- Place all ingredients in a large stock pot and fill with 4 quarts of water.
- Bring to a simmer and cover the pot. Simmer for 1 hour. Strain the mixture to remove the solids.
- Cool the broth to room temperature and strain through a coffee mesh into individual quart containers.
- Refrigerate overnight and skim off any fat in the morning. Keep in the refrigerator for a few days or freeze.
- Very healthy chicken broth and I use it for all different kinds of meals.