Crispy Cheddar Chicken
- 2 lbs. Chicken Tenders or 4 large Chicken Breasts
- 2 sleeves Ritz Crackers
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 cup whole milk (I used skim and it was fine)
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Parsley
- (1) 10 oz. can Cream of Chicken Soup
- (2) tablespoons Sour Cream
- (2) tablespoons Butter or Margarine
- Crush crackers. If using chicken breasts and not tenders, cut each chicken breast into 3 large pieces. Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small bowls. Toss the salt and pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk and then the cheese. Press the cheese into the chicken with your fingers. The press the cheesy-coated chicken into the cracker crumbs and press it in.
- Spray a 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan. Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove the tin foil, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter/margarine with a whisk. Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot. Serve over the chicken.