Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Chicken
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 4 boneless skinless Chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Butter or Margarine, melted
- 1 can Progresso Recipe Starters Creamy Parmesan Basil sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic powder
- 2/3 cup Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- Hot cooked pasta or mashed potatoes, if desired
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast, smooth side down and gently pound with flat side of meat mallet until about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a shallow dish, mix butter or margarine, 8 tablespoons of the cooking sauce and the garlic powder.
- In another shallow dish, mix the bread crumbs and cheese.
- Dip chicken into butter mixture, then dip into bread crumb mixture to coat and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165 degrees) and coating is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining sauce until hot.
- Serve chicken with pasta and sauce.