Easy General Tso Chicken
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 2 boneless skinless Chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 2 Egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 3 Tbsp. Hoisin Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup (or less) Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Ketchup
- 1/4 tsp. dry Ginger
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. crushed Red Pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked Rice
- toasted Sesame seeds
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts and cube into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet or wok
- Whisk together the 2 egg whites, 3 T. corn starch, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- Add chicken pieces to the egg mix and stir to coat.
- Shake excess coating off the chicken and add to pan. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees by checking many pieces.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix the sauce: 1/2 cup water with 1 Tbsp. corn starch and whisk. Then add brown sugar, 3 Tbsp. Hoisin sauce, 3 Tbsp. ketchup, 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, 1/4 tsp. dry ginger and crushed red pepper and mix well.
- When the chicken is done, transfer to a plate and decrease heat to medium-low in your pan or wok.
- Add the sauce and whisk continuously while boiling until well-thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken back in and stir to coat.
- Put into your serving dish and top with toasted sesame seeds.