Garlicky Shrimp Fettucine for One
- 4 ounces dry Fettucine
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 ounces peeled, deveined medium Shrimp (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 oz. or 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano- Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh Parsley
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettucine and cook until al dente, 10 minutes. Drain but reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- 2) Return pasta to the pot.
- 3) Melt the butter or margarine in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the minced garlic and cook until soft, but not browned. If it starts to brown, turn the heat way down. Add the shrimp and cook until they just turn pink and opaque.
- 4) Use a rubber spatula to scrape the butter-shrimp mixture into the cooked fettucine. Add the grated cheese and toss well to combine. Add the reserved water a little at a time until a thin sauce coats the pasta.
- 4) Sprinkle with parsley and pepper and serve.