Homemade Hamburger Helper Mix
This basic mix can be used for four other recipes on the website: Stroganoff Hamburger Helper, Quick Lasagna Hamburger Helper, Potato Beef Casserole Hamburger Helper, and Chili Mac Hamburger Helper. Does this taste identical to the original? No, it doesn't. But it is very good and there are less preservatives and sodium.
- 2 cups Milk, non-fat, dry milk (powdered milk)
- 1 cup Corn Starch
- 1/4 cup Beef Bouillion Powder or Brown Gravy Mix
- 2 tablespoons Onion Flakes or dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon Basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon Thyme, dried
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, dried
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Measure all ingredients into a bowl and thoroughly combine. I place my mix in a quart jar and use my Food Saver to vacuum pack it.
- 1/2 cup mix is used in each of the four recipes above.