Light Corn Chowder
- 3 strips reduced-fat Bacon, chopped
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1 quart Chicken broth
- 2 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3 cups kernel Corn, canned, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Skim Milk
- 3 Tbsp. fat-free Half-and-half
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped Cilantro (optional)
- Spray a large nonstick saucepan with oil and place over medium high heat.
- Add the chopped bacon and cook until browned. Drain the bacon on paper towels.
- Add the onion to the saucepan and cook until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the broth, potatoes and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Add the corn, milk, half-and-half.
- Cook 1 minute or until as hot as you desire.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese. Sprinkle with the bacon.