Mushrooms on Toast
- 8 ounces Mushrooms of your choice (I use baby Bella)
- 1 Tbsp. oil of your choice
- 1 small shallot or onion, minced (about 1 tablespoon) OR serve with caramelized onions
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium Soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pieces of toast dry or buttered (your choice)
- Wash the mushrooms in water, drain and pat very dry with a towel or paper towel.
- Slice the mushrooms into the size you desire (leave small ones whole)
- Prepare the shallot, garlic and thyme. Toast the bread.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, over medium-high heat and add all the mushrooms in an even layer. Let them cook without stirring, for about 1 minute, and add soy sauce. Be careful not to burn them (lower the heat if you need to)
- Stir well and sprinklewith salt and pepper and add the shallot or onion and cook for 30 seconds or so. Add the garlic and thyme and remove from heat. The pan should still be hot enough to continue cooking everything.
- Serve over dry or butter toast.