Orange Chicken Stir Fry
The Stir Fry:
- 1 lb. Chicken cut into strips or bite-sized pieces, your choice
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 4 cups (or more) fresh chopped Mushrooms, Celery, Carrots and Broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1 tablespoon grated Orange Zest
- 2 large Garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced Ginger
- Dash of Honey or Sugar
- Place all sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Then pour into a pan and heat through for 5 minutes and put in a separate bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to the chicken and sprinkle lightly with the cornstarch.
- Steam the broccoli for 3 minutes, then remove and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Add the olive oil to a pan or wok and saute' the chicken for about 4-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add all of the vegetables to the pan or wok and saute' for 2 minutes (or longer if not tender enough for you) Do not overcook the vegetables.
- Add the sauce, a little at a time and cook until the sauce has cooked down.
- This can be served on its' own or over rice.