Pasta e Fagioli
- 1 lb. lean ground Beef
- 1 cup Onions, diced
- 1 cup julienned Carrots
- 1 cup chopped Celery
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14-1/2 ounce) cans diced Tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can Cannellini beans (with liquid)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red Kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 (15 ounce) can Tomato sauce
- 12 ounces low-sodium V-8 juice
- 1 tsp. Vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Basil
- 1/2 tsp. ground black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme
- 1/2 pound Ditalini pasta
- Brown ground beef in a laarge stock pot over medium heat. Drain off fat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and saute' for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except pasta, and simmer for 1 hour.
- After 50 minutes, boil the pasta to al dente and drain well.
- Add pasta to the large pot of soup and simmer for 10 minutes.