Pasta with Beans Soup
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) light or dark red Kidney Beans
- 2 fresh or canned plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large Celery rib, sliced into 8-10 pieces
- 1 small Onion, thickly sliced
- 6 Basil leaves, torn into quarters
- 3 sprigs Parsley, leaves only
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- 8 cups Vegetable or Chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups small Pasta (elbows, ditalini, shells)
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Rinse and drain the kidney beans and put in a 4-qt saucepan or Dutch oven.
- In a food processor, combine the tomatoes, celery, onion, basil, parsley and garlic.
- Pulse 8 times or less to coarsely chop. Add to the beans in the pan, and stir to mix.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pasta and mix thoroughly. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, or until the pasta is done. Stir occasionally.
- Season to taste with sale and pepper. Serve.