Pico de Gallo
There are probably thousands of recipes out there on how to make Pico de Gallo, but here is my very simple recipe. I don't like things that are too spicy, so I eliminated the Jalapeno Pepper. I like to use this over the top of my recipe for Egg White Omelet. So fresh tasting and healthy. I'm not sure how long it lasts in the refrigerator because I never get to keep it that long. That's why I like making a small batch at a time.
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped ... I use white onion
- 1/2 Tomato, medium, diced
- 1/4 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 Green Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 fresh Cilantro sprig, finely chopped
- A squirt of fresh lime juice (optional)
- This makes 2 servings.
- Combine the tomato, onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro and green onion in a medium bowl. Add the garlic powder, pepper and salt. Stir until well combined. Refrigerate until well-chilled .... probably about 45 minutes.