Roasted Mushroom Soup for One
- 10 ounces Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Canola or Olive Oil
- Ground black pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium Beef stock ( I use the Herb-Ox Sodium Free Beef Bouillon)
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 small clove of Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chopped Thyme or 1/4 tsp. dried Thyme
- 2 Tbsp. White Wine
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream (I actually use Fat-Free Half & Half)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive or canola oil. Season with pepper and roast for 15-20 minutes, until softened. Transfer to a blender (reserving 1 Tbsp. of mushrooms for garnish), along with 1/2 cup of stock and puree' until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, heaat butter over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and thyme and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with wine and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the flour until mixed well, about 2 minutes. Add pureed mushroom mixture to pan, along with remaining 1-1/2 cups of stock and cream, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-15 minutes until soup is tickened and warmed through.