Sausage & White Bean Soup for One
- 1 sweet Italian or turkey sausage link with casing removed
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 small Onion, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small Garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh Thyme, or 1/4 tsp. dried Thyme
- 1-1/2 cups low-sodium Chicken or Beef broth
- 1/2 of a 15 oz. can Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- In a medium saucepan, cook the sausage over medium heat until browned on all sides, and break up into smaller pieces, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Wipe oil out of the pan.
- Add olive oil to the pan and cook onions until softened, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and papper. Add garlic and thyme and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add the broth to deglaze the pan, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Add the beans (and fresh spinach if desired) and return the sausage to the pan and simmer until all is warmed through, about 10 minutes.