Skinny Scalloped Potatoes
- 4 tsp. Butter or Margarine
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Corn starch
- 1 Tbsp. Flour (I use Wondra)
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1-1/2 cups Skim Milk
- 4 large baking Potatoes - 2 lbs. with skins scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 4 green Onions, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 teaspoons of the butter or margarine over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- In a bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, cornstarch, flour, salt and pepper.
- Then whisk that mixture into the garlic.
- Stir in the milk and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring often, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer one-third of the potato slices in the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half of the green onions. Repeat the layering once, then top with the remaining potato slices.
- Pour the sauce on top.
- Dot with the remaining 2 teaspoons of butter or margarine, and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Cover the dish snuggly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes; remove foil land bake for 20 minutes longer, or until tender.
- Then put the dish under the broiler and broil until the potatoes are crisp and nicely browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.