Split Pea & Ham Soup
- 3 medium Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 7 cups Water
- 2-1/4 cups Green Split Peas
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1-1/2 cups Carrots, 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup Celery, 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 cups Onions, chopped
- 1 Ham bone
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- Rinse the peas and pick out any bad ones, and any other foreign objects.
- Mix all ingredients in a slow cooker, then add the ham bone
Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Remove the ham bone, pull the meat off and dice to the size you desire and return to the slow cooker.