Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Soup
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 large Head Cauliflower
- 3 Large Peeled Sweet Potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 7 Cups Water
- 7 tsp. sodium free Chicken granulated bouillon
- Few dashes Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 °F
- Cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- Place cauliflower onto ungreased cookie sheet and lightly drizzle or mist with olive oil.
- Sprinkle cauliflower lightly with cayenne, sea salt & garlic powder.
- Place into the oven and let bake until golden brown on the tops and tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In large stockpot, add water, bouillon, sweet potato, onion, garlic powder and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to remain at a constant simmer until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add in cooked cauliflower and divide soup into 2 parts.
- Let soup cool and then blend one part soup in blender until very smooth.
- Combine with the unblended soup and stir.
- Sprinkle with some Chives then salt to taste