Sweet Potato, Carrot & Ginger Soup
- 2 lbs. Sweet Potato, peeled, in large chunks
- 2 lbs. Carrots, in large pieces
- 4 cups Chicken or Vegetable broth
- 1 large Onion, quartered
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 6 oz. can Fat-Free evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1-1/2 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1 small piece of Ginger, chopped (to taste)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cilantro leaves (optional)
- In a large saucepan or pot, combine the sweet potatoes, carrots, broth, onion, and garlic.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the carrots are soft.
- Add the milk, water, lemon juice and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or use an immersion blender and puree' the soup until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves if desired.