Tomato Florentine Soup
- 1 (14-1/2) ounce can diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup Green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free Chicken Bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon fresh Basil, minced or 1/4 teaspoon dried Basil
- 1-1/2 cups Water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black Pepper
- 1) In a large saucepan, medium heat, cook the green pepper,garlic and onion in oil until tender.
- 2) Stir in the tomatoes, bouillon, water, basil and black pepper.
- 3) Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes
- 4) Stir in the spinach, breaking it up, and cook for about 5-7 minutes longer.