Tuna Macaroni Salad with Peas
- (1) 16 oz. box of Pasta Rings ... or whatever you like
- (2) cans Albacore Tuna
- (1) bag Frozen Green Peas, thawed
- (1) 8 oz. container Sour Cream
- (6) Eggs, hard-boiled and chopped .... keep one for slices for the top
- (1) Onion, small, finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mayonnaise .... I will explain quantity in the directions.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, empty the entire container of sour cream. Now what we will be doing is mixing the mayonnaise with the sour cream until we get the taste just right. We don't want it to taste all like sour cream or all like mayonnaise, we want the perfect blend of the two. What I did was to put the mayo I wanted to use in the empty sour cream container, and left about 1/2 cup out.
- Put the tuna in a small bowl and chop it until the big chunks are broken up. Mix the mayo and sour cream well, and add more mayo if needed to suit your taste. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the finely diced onion, peas, chopped eggs and tuna and mix well. Add the cooled, drained pasta and mix everything well. Taste to see if you need more salt and pepper. Then top with the sliced eggs, cover and refrigerate. The sour cream and mayo mixture keeps the salad creamier than using just the mayo alone. Bon Appetit'