- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 pound ground Turkey
- 1 medium Onion, chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Basil, crushed
- 2 cups low-sodium V-8 Juice
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain white Rice
- 2 medium Green Peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces, about 2 cups
- 1) Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey, onion and basil and cook until the turkey is browned, breaking up the meat. Pour off any fat.
- 2) Add the rice and juice to the skillet and stir well. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- 3) Stir in the green peppers, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.