I use this for chipped beef on toast and for Creamed peas, egg & tuna on toast. This recipe calls for Wondra flour. For those of you that haven't heard of it, it can usually be found in your supermarket near the regular flours. It's in a blue can. It is the best thing ever for making a smooth sauce with no dastardly lumps !!!
- 1 cup cold Milk
- 2 tablespoons Wondra Flour
- 2 tablespoons Butter or Margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- In a small saucepan, stir together all the ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir for one minute, or until thickened as you would like.